Sunday 23 March 2014

Suddenly, scenary....

I'm ill. Part of what made me start this blog was boredom as i should have been playing warhammer today. Instead my thumping head and aching body just didnt feel up for it. Colds suck.... I can't focus enough to paint detail but i can drybrush....

I had two pieces of scenery i painted fast for the table top a few years back, one was a 40K Battlescape and one was a ruined Wizard's Tower. I always meant to finish them but never did, until now.

Battlescape

Most of it was painted to a good tabletop standard. The trees and craters looked good. I painted in some details - skulls, dead bodies, weapons then worked on the tank. It was previously just painted boltgun metal then covered in nuln oil. I finished it off with some random patches of blues that i blended into the metallic colour with stippled black to look like burnt wreckage. I then broke out the new technical paints Riza Rust and Typhus Corrosion. This was more an experiment than anything else but i'm happy as to how it looked and worked out.






Dreadstone Blight

Again i painted this quickly to get it on the tabletop. Over the last few weeks i took the walls off the base, repainted the whole base to get a better stone colouring and repainted the centre piece to resemble the picture on the GW site. I painted a few more details on the wallls, re-drybrushed the stones and painted the brickwork. I added some Nihlakh Oxide colouring to the bronze work and glued it all back together. Much better!


Realm of Battle Game Board

Little bit of WIP in the first picture for the battlescape. I bought a game board off of ebay and four of the six pieces were painted. I have undercoated, basecoated and drybrushed the last two pieces today aswell. I need to glue a TON of static grass to the pieces now and they can be considered finished. Then i can start on the other fours pieces and strip and paint as i go along. At least i have a fully painted gaming board to play on.

Witch-Fate Tor

I got the excellent boxset from GW for xmas - The Sigmar's Blood scenery pack. Its a great bargain as you essentially get a Garden of Morr for free - awesome! I'll show off the other pieces at another time when i'm working on them but they're mostly done, the Witch-Fate Tor hasnt been properly assembled yet. Now is the time!





This going to need a lot of greenstuff work. Its an old kit and took ages to get to the above state. It took a ton over carving and superglue. Gaps were inevitable so i'll fill them and ready it all for. It needs a few more pieces added to it but nothing major. Next will be painting time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home