Monday 7 April 2014

The monday after.....

Olly and i had a great game yesterday. 3000pts Dark Elves vs Warriors of Chaos. Two well matched, powerful armies clashing and boy was it close! Check out Olly's channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvOYGptt3d8DKARoiGnaz7w for all our latest games. The key for my victory was to keep my demon prince safe until he got into combat then killing the witch elves. I did a fairly good job of that and rode some good luck to defeat his Black Guard and Witch elves. I nearly lost my main combat block though, which was quite worrying. Bad mistake as i should have been more disciplined and reformed to face off against both the witch elves and the executioners (who made mince meat of my skullcrushers!). Still, i was able to get a good flank charge on the witch elves with my knights and eventually grind them down enough until Olly was unlucky enough to fail two leadership tests. I chased them down and then did all i could to claim the points for the executioners but one evaded my grasp to carry his story of terror back to Naggaroth! In the end it was a good victory for me at 1700vps to 1100vps. Tough though as it could have gone either way, my general was on one wound for a while and got a lucky double six to regain two of his lost wounds making him safe enough to withstand Olly's last go otherwise it would have been a narrow win for Dark Elves!

Today i got my new paints - the Scale 75 Flesh tones and Wood/leather sets. The colours look really nice so i look forward to trying them out on my John "digger" bust. I will be spending then next few days working on it. WIP pics to follow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home