Wednesday 23 April 2014

Warrior of Chaos army plus WIP Chaos Knights

Olly and I are trying to rope our old friend John into playing some Warhammer again on a semi regular basis. For this, we are going to run a small campaign using some Blood in the Badlands rules plus the Mighty Empires tile set. We have the tiles setup (by John's wife Alice) and we have some armies. John will be playing two Lizardmen variants - one saurus heavy the other skink heavy. Olly will be running Dark Elves and I will be playing Warriors of Chaos. I've wanted to play them for some time now and am finally indulging myself. I'll be avoiding the really cheesy stuff for the campaign but i still want some brutal fun so what better than a Khorne army? My list is as follows:

Exalted Hero
Juggernaut, chaos armour, scaled skin, dawnstone, dragon helm and a halberd

5 dogs

...another 5 dogs

12 Chaos Warriors
Mark of khorne, shields, halberds, full command, banner of eternal flame

12 Chaos Warriors
Mark of khorne, shields, halberds, full command, banner of swiftness

5 Chaos Knights
Mark of Khorne, enscorcelled weapons, full command, gleaming pennant

Chaos Warshrine

3 Skullcrushers of Khorne
Enscorcelled weapons, champion and muscian

Should be fun. Frenzy stops this army from being too bad as redirectors screw me big time but with my own chaff and hard hitters I can win my fair share of games. I might substitute the Warshrine for a Khorne chariot but other than that, it seems ok.

WIP Chaos Knights

Even though i need Khorne knights for my army, i couldnt resist painting up the Knights in Papa Nurgle's colours - lots of green! They perform well in my 3000pt list, though they may get substituted for more Skullcrishers. I used the paint scheme in the 'Eavy Metal Masterclass book:


Results seem pretty good. My photography is terrible so the greens look a little washed out from the flash. I need a light box! But here they are, armour mostly done and the base of the gold trim basecoated.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home